Rules to Remember for Fractions
- Change common denominator for NON MIXED NUMBER fractions.
- When changing to common denominator, REMEMBER TO MULTIPLY top and bottom number using the SAME multiples.
- Change/Multiply IN the question/sum itself, do not separate them.
- Attempt to the working/solutions when doing problem sum and change denominator when you need to. Tip: DO NOT change ALL FRACTIONS within the sum then start to attempt the questions!!! ATTEMPT and write down the solutions first then change in the sum itself.
Mixed Number Fractions
- Change mixed number to proper/improper fractions WITHOUT changing the denominator yet.
- Change to common denominator by multiplying top and bottom numbers using the SAME multiples.
General rules for Fractions
- “+” and “-“must make denominator the SAME.
- “x” opposite denominator if you do not know the common denominator to find.
- Never leave your answer as improper fractions or mixed number WITH improper fraction.
- Always change you answers to PROPER FRACTION or SIMPLIFY.